- Contemporary Applied Arts: intriguing ornaments and a surreal tea party;
- Art In Marylebone at the old Marylebone Library, where the sign reads "please eat and drink in the library";
- Leighton House, where I assisted the attendants with an explication of the differences between the words "barney", "blarney" and "barnet";
- L Cornelissen & Son: my favourite art shop in the land;
- Noisy bands (at the Dirty Water Club); old vinyl and much paisley.
Now I must settle myself to write two essays:
- Art: 1000 - 2000 words; due 19th November. My choice from six options: one work by Marcel Duchamp. I will try "Nude Descending A Staircase, No. 2".
- Archaeology: 800 words minimum; due 29th October. My choice from three options: Ethnoarchaeology.
This week's studies are as follows:
- Art: perspective drawing and a lecture on Charlie Chaplin;
- Archaeology: "Cultural Systems" and "Neo-evolutionism".